Monday, April 6, 2015

Reading Diary A: English Fairy Tales


This week I have elected to read the English Fairy Tales unit.  I decided it would be interesting to read the English fairy tales in contradiction to the Celtic fairy tales from last week.  The story unit I read last week was significantly different than this week in my opinion.  From the way the stories are outlined and told and the kind of language they utilize you can see some cultural difference in the writing.  I think seeing the difference from Celtic to English stories is really interest because it shows how cultural differences can come into play.  The two countries are in close proximity to one another but culturally they still maintain a degree of separation.  Cultural difference in the stories of these two regions is something I set out to witness when I first signed up for this class.  As I read these stories and can compare them side by side I think that taking this class was definitely a good choice.      

Three Little Pigs from English Fairy Tales
Image from Wikipedia 

No comments:

Post a Comment