Monday, April 13, 2015

Reading Diary A: Grimm (LibriVox)

This week I am reading the Grimm LibriVox story unit.  I decided to read this unit because it sounded like it would have some of the fairy tales that I was familiar with from my childhood.  With graduation in 25 days I'm feeling somewhat nostalgic which is what inspired my choice of story.  The unit revolved heavily around stories that I was familiar with in the first half.  Rapunzel, Princess and the Frog, Sleeping Beauty and other old time stories that we all grow up on.  I thought one thing about the Rapunzel story that was interesting is how I could see tangencies between that story and the recent release of the movie, Into the Woods.  I also thought the Sleeping Beauty story was really interesting because it had all of the same concepts and elements the version I grew up on did but the order and degree to which they were emphasized was somewhat different.  

Into the Woods Movie Poster
From IMBD

No comments:

Post a Comment