Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Commenting Review Week

I think the commenting section of this course is very important.  The fact that this course is an online format means that discussion is very important.  Since we aren't in a classroom setting comments are one of the only ways for us to connect with our classmates and bounce ideas off of one another.  I appreciate the comments section of this course because they work to stimulate conversation between the class as a whole.

The comments I write I usually try to include comments on all aspects of the post.  The writing, the ideas, the editing, the layout, and other aspects.  I try to keep my comments very positive because these posts are an expression of creativity.  The positive validation of the creative mind is very important, I would never want to criticize someone else's creativity.

In the same light the comments I have received are all very positive and are therefore very validating.   Positive comments help you to strive to continue to do well.  I think the comments are a good way to motivate individuals to do their assignments well.  The knowledge that your peers will be reading your work makes you take an extra sense of pride in your writing.

Personal Photograph
LVI 2015

The photo I have chosen for this post is a photo that is inspiring to me personally.  In February I traveled to Las Vegas for several days to play in the Las Vegas Invitational.  A rugby tournament for 7s teams.  This tournament is the biggest rugby tournament in Northern America.  Playing in Las Vegas was an incredible experience for me and playing with and against women that far exceed my talents only helped to make me a better rugby player.  After playing in Las Vegas I felt more confident on and off the pitch.  My first league match after returning from playing the LVI I received the honor of being woman of the match, which I attribute to the things I learned at this tournament.  The team we played in this photo was from New Zealand, where rugby is played at one of the highest levels across the globe.  I got absolutely wrecked in this game, I got hit with a double tackle that I think I will forever see stars from.  However, it was a great match and these are some incredibly talented players.



1 comment:

  1. I totally agree in that comments in this class are so necessary and so different from every other class! It really is the only way to interact with other students, and hear their feedback. I like that when you comment on a post that you try to hit every aspect of the other person's work- I've personally benefitted from this! Also, what an awesome opportunity Las Vegas is! Also, congratulations on woman of the game! You are legit! And also, sounds like a gnarly match... and here I am complaining about paintball wounds from the weekend!

    ReplyDelete