Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Writing Review Week

My writing experience for this class so far has been relatively positive.  I think that the writing is creative and therefore its something I view as being enjoyable.  The writing isn’t taxing or something that requires hours of stress or worry.  Being creative with writing for this class is something that I think can be considered an outlet in a certain light.

My storybook project is the writing assignment that I am most looking forward to and most focused on for this course.  The topic I selected is not very widely known or written on therefore my stories are somewhat harder to find.  However, the stories I have found are very interesting and provide me with enough information that I can fill in the blanks freely.  With written stories few and far between I can be more creative in my storytelling for my project.  I plan on incorporating elements of stories I find and then expanding upon them with my own characters and ideas of how this fantasy realm could function. 


I think that writing stories for this course is easier when you think about how you could use a story as you are reading it.  Trying to come up with an idea and then making it fit into the story is significantly harder.  I think as I read the stories I am continuously thinking of things I could or would change and how the story would make me feel more connected.  Thinking of ways to make the story more modern, more understandable, more relatable, changing things you thought were poor, those are the kind of things that make the storytelling posts easier. 

Image from keep calm-o-matic

I selected this image because I just came from rugby practice before sitting down to write this post.  Therefore, I am on a fitness kick at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. I approach the story writing aspect of the course in the same way. I find it a lot easier to let my mind wander and think about how to change certain parts of a story to make it unique instead of trying to come up with a story and then make it fit into one of the stories from my readings.

    ReplyDelete